- Ruby on Rails
- HTML & CSS
- Relational database design and management
- UX/UI design
- Mobile & responsive design
- Application server deployment & administration
- API integration
Founder, The Small Idea Company, 2004—Present
Founder, MemberMan LLC, 2016—2017
MemberMan is a membership management database that helps organizations increase member engagement and reduce attrition. As Founder I conducted market research and developed a marketing plan, engaged service providers, coordinated third-party infrastructure systems for deployment, and was chief architect and developer of the MVP (Minimum Viable Product). Technology used included Ruby on Rails, SCSS, HAML, jQuery, Vue.js, and Redis. Production environment was provided by Heroku and AWS through EngineYard.
Co-Founder, Higher Pixels LLC, 2011—2015
Higher Pixels acquired Donor Tools from The Small Idea Company in 2011. I managed a small product team whose responsibility was to add features and maintain the Higher Pixels suite of products, consisting of Donor Tools, a donor database for nonprofit organizations, and mSites, a content management system for nonprofits.
Co-Founder, Interim General Manager and Treasurer, Elgin Local Goods, 2014
I partnered with other local entrepreneurs to open a new downtown specialty grocery store and café. As Interim General Manager and Treasurer I helped establish the formal business structure, set up accounting systems, produced financial reports, evaluated and purchased business equipment, established relationships with local and wholesale suppliers, hired staff and managed employees, merchandised products, and interacted with customers. I also assisted in management of social media accounts, designed company logo and flyers, and created promotional emails.
Chief Technology Officer, Marketing Solutions Ltd, 2006—2007
As CTO and chief developer I designed, deployed, administered and maintained Linux servers used for application deployment. I also developed a consumer-facing web application designed to help parents make wise decisions regarding media for their children.
Team Leader, Web Development Team, Biola University, 2004
As leader of the Web Development Team I served as the liaison for website updates for each of the university’s departments, and assisted the Marketing Communications department in the development and updating of website materials. I led the Web Development Team to maintain existing internal web-based applications and develop new content management systems tailored for the needs of the individual colleges in the university.
Executive Director, Haiti Hope Fund, 2000—2003
Haiti Hope Fund is a nonprofit organization that provides funding for educational programs in Haiti. I developed new programs and evaluated programs’ effectiveness, communicated and cooperated with the board of directors, organized board meetings, managed donor database and donation records, and oversaw financial processes. I also occasionally served as field correspondent and photographer, and assisted visiting mission teams on the field.
- Biola University, Master of Arts, Organizational Leadership, 2007
- Jacksonville University, Bachelor, Computer Information Management, 2003
- St. Johns River Community College, Associate of Arts, 2000
- Vice President, Elgin Citizens’ Police Academy Alumni Association, 2017—Present
- Website Design, Annunciation Maternity Home, 2016
- Foster Parent, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, 2006—2008; 2011—2012
- Manager, Jacksonville Cold Fusion User Group, 2000—2001
- Network Administrator, Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti, 1999
- Instructor, Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti, 1999
- Grade School Tutor, Jericho School, Limbé, Haiti, 1999
- Volunteer, Centro Abierto de Los Piños, Santiago, Chile, 1997
- Volunteer, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Morgantown, WV, 1994