I am a strong, self-motivated senior full-stack engineer with extensive experience in front-end and back-end web technology.
Lead Developer at Dime Technology; 2019—Present
I built Dime Technology’s flagship product, Dime Giving. Dime Giving is an integrated online giving and financial accounting product for nonprofit organizations. In addition to processing online donations through several different payment APIs, Dime Giving is also a full-featured nonprofit accounting platform powered by a double-entry account ledger system. As Lead Developer I worked closely with management to define product strategy, design the product, and implement and deploy code. I wrote the first line of code, hired the development team, and managed the development process.
My responsibilities included:
- Development and implementation of product strategy.
- Coordination with management and other departments to determine and execute product requirements.
- Project management, including development cycle planning, resource allocation, code review, and performance evaluation.
- Code development, quality control, and production deployment.
Founder, Booster Stage, Inc., 2004—2019
My responsibilities included:
- Management of day-to-day business fundamentals.
- Development of marketing and sales funnels.
- Recruiting and managing a distributed team of engineers working on several projects concurrently.
- Working with clients to distill product requirements, develop project implementation plans, and execute projects.
Founder, Donor Tools, 2007—2014
I built Donor Tools, one of the first modern web-based donor management and online donations systems for nonprofit organizations. Donor Tools allows nonprofit organizations to set up fundraising pages and track donors and their contributions. Features include donor reports, dynamic Smart Tags, PayPal donations, QuickBooks integration, and more.
Donor Tools was designed to serve small nonprofit organizations who at the time had very few affordable alternatives for online donations and donor management. I built the product from the ground up, marketed the product, and supported the product until it was acquired by my partners.
Co-Founder, Interim General Manager and Treasurer, Elgin Local Goods, 2014
I partnered with local entrepreneurs to open a small-town specialty grocery store and café. As Interim General Manager and Treasurer I helped establish the formal business structure, set up accounting systems, produced financial reports, evaluated and purchased business equipment, established relationships with local and wholesale suppliers, hired staff and managed employees, merchandised products, and interacted with customers. I also assisted in management of social media accounts, designed company logo and flyers, and created promotional emails.
Team Leader, Web Development Team, Biola University, 2004–2005
As leader of the Web Development Team I served as the liaison for website updates for each of the university’s departments, and assisted the Marketing Communications department in the development and updating of website materials. I led the Web Development Team to maintain existing internal web-based applications and develop new content management systems tailored for the needs of the individual colleges in the university.
Executive Director, Haiti Hope Fund, 2000—2003
I served as Executive Director for Haiti Hope Fund, a nonprofit organization that provides funding for humanitarian educational projects in Haiti. I developed new programs and evaluated programs’ effectiveness, communicated and cooperated with the board of directors, organized board meetings, managed donor database and donation records, and oversaw financial processes. I also traveled to Haiti to serve as field correspondent and photographer, and assisted visiting mission teams on the field.
- Biola University, Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership, 2007
- Jacksonville University, Bachelor, Computer Information Management, 2003
- St. Johns River Community College, Associate of Arts, 2000
- Vice President, Elgin Citizens’ Police Academy Alumni Association, 2017—2019
- Website Design, Annunciation Maternity Home, 2016
- Foster Parent, Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, 2006—2008; 2011—2012
- Manager, Jacksonville Cold Fusion User Group, 2000—2001
- Network Administrator, Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti, 1999
- Instructor, Université Chrétienne du Nord d’Haiti, 1999
- Grade School Tutor, Jericho School, Limbé, Haiti, 1999
- Volunteer, Centro Abierto de Los Piños, Santiago, Chile, 1997
- Volunteer, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Morgantown, WV, 1994
Bitcoin, Homesteading, Gardening & Permaculture, Photography, Aquaponics, Woodworking