It’s nice of you to stop by this special page I created for you! As you might have guessed from this “Hire Me” page, I’d like to work with you!
Why I want to work with you
I’m hoping to be a part of a team that I can make a real contribution to, and also that I can learn from and grow as a professional. You seem to be doing that, and I’d love to work with you.
Your portfolio is really impressive. goTenna is a neat app and looks like it must have been a fun project to work on. And Brickwork is genius. That’s the sort of innovative app that makes my developer’s mind stay up late at night.
Why you should hire me
I’m an experienced Ruby on Rails developer with a solid set of complementary web development skills. As a matter of fact, I’ve been working with Ruby on Rails for over 12 years—my first Rails project started on Rails version 0.13. My first exposure to Rails was watching DHH’s “whoops” video, and after that I was immediately hooked.
I’ve worked on a number of SaaS products and am comfortable with every part of the application lifecycle, from project ideation to user experience design, through feature coding and database design, to acceptance testing and production deployment.
I’ve never shipped a project without extensive test coverage. Although I am confident in my code I am always looking for ways to make my code more efficient and maintainable.
Here are some highlights from my experience that I think would be a real asset to you:
- Over 12 years of experience with Ruby on Rails, including Rails 5.1.
- Ability to develop an application from the ground up all the way through production deployment.
- Experience with Devise, Oauth and custom authentication and authorization.
- Experience with unit testing, TDD (test-driven development), and BDD (behavior-driven development) using RSpec, MiniTest, and Test::Unit.
- Extensive real-world production deployment experience, including AWS, VPS (including Digital Ocean), and Heroku.
- Proficient user of version control.
- Expert at HAML & SASS, and am one of the top users for HAML on StackOverflow.
- Expert at relational database systems including PostgreSQL.
- Ability to solve complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deliver a solution according to specifications.
- Efficient, organized, and consistent in my work habits.
Here’s my Résumé
Where you can find out more about me
- The Small Idea Company—my freelance consulting company.